UPDATE: The outage for networking hardware upgrade is complete.
An outage is scheduled for Midnight Eastern Daylight Time Monday, March 9, lasting for approximately 1 hour and ending at 1 am Eastern Daylight Time Tuesday, March 10. (0400 – 0500 Universal Time Tuesday March 10).
The outage is for a data center networking hardware upgrade.
Any updates during the outage will be posted at http://mdosupport.tumblr.com/
We released our New & Improved Share feature six weeks ago, and here are some interesting statistics:
- 50% of Shares used the option to generate a link the user sends directly to recipients
- 50% of Shares used My Docs Online to deliver the link via email
- 10% of Shares used a “Smart Label” (introduced with the release for the Web Client, but not yet available in the Desktop App)
- 8% of Shares used the Password option
- 99% of all Shares included 30 or fewer files
- 59% of all Shares were for a single file, while about a third were for between 2 and 10 files
- Among accounts using the Share feature, the top 20% averaged 53 Shares each, while the bottom 20% have done a single Share
There is the expected “long tail” when you look at the number of files in a particular Share, with a few Shares including hundreds of files.
Another major aspect of the enhancements to the Share feature is the addition of Share Management, which gives users a lot of control over Sharing, with the ability to cancel, extend, and change passwords on Shares, and also a wealth of activity logging for each Share, all located in one central location.
Details on File Sharing and Delivery, Share Management, and administrative controls are in the FAQ.
The Web Client Notification Flag feature, previously beta tested with support for Administrator IDs only, has been released for all group users (Web Client only). If email notification is ON for Customer Upload for a particular user, the new indicator will also alert that user graphically:
Clicking on the white flag will drop down a lost of Customer Upload notifications, and clicking on a particular notification will directly open the folder where the new file(s) are located.
For more information see the FAQ.
We also recently added a new feature for Customer Upload — individual links for individual users in your group account. This can give individual employees their own unique link to send to customers, with the resulting subfolders and files created by the Customer Upload process delivered, along with notification, to that employee’s private folder.
If you are interested in exploring how to leverage this new feature email support for a consultation.